Tuesday, June 22, 2010

All I Want To Do Is Dance!

While we were on our honeymoon, Jeff and I made a list of things we wanted to do during our lifetime. Apparently, we like to make lists after a few glasses of wine, but we were sober enough to remember to pack it. On our one-year anniversary, we revisited the lists, and after some wine (go figure), decided to add to them. We also decided that we were going to try to cross one thing off each year, but it is so much easier to add something than try to own a home in Napa Valley at this point in time.

I knew exactly what I wanted to add and was pretty excited about it. This has been something I have wanted to do forever – I want to be a dancer in a music video! Now, when I told Jeff, this was his first thought:

Except I do not have the butt, nor can I move the butt I have to be that kind of dancer. No, this dream stems from the first time I laid eyes on my celebrity crush – Justin Timberlake. I was a pretty serious ballerina at this point, but it wasn’t until I saw my first N'Sync music video that I realized my true passion. I wanted to shake my hips with Britney (old school Britney/pre-meltdown) and admire Justin's backside as we fist-pumped to "Bye, Bye, Bye." But instead of following my dream of being a pop music dancing queen, I decided to go to college and end my dancing career.

I was hoping Jeff would be supportive of my dream. Instead, he crushed it with his bare hands and chewed it up with his red-wine stained teeth. He told me I had to take it off the list because it was not attainable. Granted, Jeff has really only seen me dance at a bar around 2AM (and that ain't pretty), but come on! I was once an accomplished dancer back in the day, and I am sure some of the rhythm has stuck around! I cant believe I just devoted a post to you and you are ruining my lifelong dream! Do I need to remind you that you and your friends taped your own music videos when you were in high school?!

Whatever. I am not going to let him bring me down. I have dusted off my leg warmers and started training in my living room. Jeff will be sorry when I catch the eye of Justin Timberlake.

Dream big, blog friends, dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment