Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lucky

Today is a great day. Not only is it Father's Day (Happy Father's Day, Dad!), but it is also my one year anniversary! And since it is our "paper" anniversary, I woke up this morning and decorated our living room with origami cranes for Jeff.


Ok, I didn't do that. Truthfully, I don't think Jeff even knows we are supposed to exchange paper gifts. Instead, he has been treating me like a queen by making me breakfast and taking care of the household chores. Of course, I would prefer to be on the beach in Anguilla and weigh what I did a year ago, but Jeff is no miracle worker. Still, I am pretty lucky.

I do have a gift for Jeff, but since it is an anniversary/birthday gift he has to wait until later this week to open it. And no, it is not a paper gift.

So, what are we going to do to celebrate? We will be spending the day in the park - picnic, laying out and throwing the frisbee around. The latter makes me nervous. I can't remember the last time I threw a frisbee, but I know I am going to hit someone in the head at some point today. And instead of going out to dinner, we have decided to make dinner at home and cap the night off with one of our favorite shows, True Blood. Because nothing says romance like violent, sex-crazed vampires!


I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, but it has been an amazing one. And to quote the wise words of Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat...

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again

I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

I love you, Jeff!


To my readers,

I realize that my past few posts have been a little on the "mushy" side. What can I say, June is a "mushy" month for me. Fortunately for you, it is almost July.

Love, Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment