Monday, June 28, 2010

One Amazing Weekend

I could not have picked a better weekend to celebrate the new job and Jeff's birthday. Unfortunately, we did not take many photos (sorry Mom!), so I will do my best to illustrate the amazing time we had.

On Friday, Jeff left work early and met me at the wonderfully posh Great Jones Spa for massages to celebrate his birthday. I know what you are thinking....I am a really great wife for not letting Jeff get a massage all by himself. And I am. But seriously, this place was amazing! It was the perfect getaway without having to leave the city. We spent hours there after our massages enjoying the water lounge, grabbing a bite to eat at their juice bar and acting like this is something we do on a normal basis. That'll be the day....

This was the water lounge area (minus the water part, of course). Hard to believe this beautiful oasis is in the middle of this crazy city.

Afterwards, Jeff really wanted to go to a SoulCycle class (think cycling class on steroids), and because I told him I would do whatever he wanted on his birthday, I agreed. So much for my relaxing massage. The class was intense, but I got a great workout. I left with a few bruises (don't ask) and can't sit down without grimacing (do you even have to ask), but I did not feel guilty about having our Friday night pizza. I earned that pizza! And to top the night off, I surprised Jeff with a Butterfinger-flavored cupcake from Crumbs. AMAZING! I earned my half of the cupcake, too.

Making a wish!
(Please excuse the air mattress. It is our version of camping out....in our living room.)

On Saturday, we topped off a day in the park with an amazing dinner at Megu. We sampled a few of their signature dishes including this delicious number....


These would be the crispy asparagus skewers. Honestly, I will eat anything that is "crispy," but this was exceptionally amazing. Plus, Jeff keeps nagging me about eating vegetables, so this was pretty happy medium.

Side note: I know I keep using "amazing" to describe every detail of this weekend. I promise I know other adjectives, but this weekend really was so amazing. This now brings the "amazing" count to 7.

I am starting to ramble on, so now would probably be a good time to bring this post to a close. I hope everyone had an amazing (8...) weekend! And hopefully, your Monday isn't too bad either!

3 comments:

  1. Those skewers looking amazing!! Do you often camp out in your living room??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been known to do it every once in awhile. We do not have cable in our bedroom, so it is our way of watching tv in bed. Plus, we could not miss Friday Night Lights! I am slightly embarrassed now...

    Sorry, I had to delete my previous comment because it had way too many grammar and spelling errors for my liking. I am an extreme perfectionist!

    ReplyDelete